Housing element workshop planned
The Ridgecrest Planning Commission invites the community to participate in a special workshop to provide input into the city’s updated housing element.
The workshop will be held Tuesday, Aug. 12, at 6 p.m. in City Council Chambers. A city consultant will give an overview of the updated plan, which contains the city’s goals, policies and action items relevant to providing housing to residents.
The last update was certified in 1202. State law requires the housing element be updated routinely. The current update will include:
• An analysis of demographic, housing, employment and other trends that effect the housing needs
• A summary of existing and projected housing needs of Ridgecrest’s households according to the Kern Council of Governments (KernCOG)
• A review of potential market, governmental and environmental constraints to meeting identified housing needs
• An evaluation of the resources (land, financial and administrative) available to achieve Ridgecrest’s housing goals
• A statement of the Housing Plan, including housing goals, policies and programs
If you have questions, contact City Planner Matthew Alexander at 760-499-5063 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may be mailed to City of Ridgecrest Planning Department, 100 W. California Ave., Ridgecrest, CA 93555.Story First Published: 2014-08-06