Public input invited on economic dev.
News Review Staff Writer
The public is invited to give input on funding agreements for three projects that propose economic development at tonight’s 6 p.m. meeting of the Ridgecrest City Council, held in Council Chambers at City Hall.
The draft agreements, which are still awaiting final approval from the council, include:
• $875,000 to Pertexa for development of an online medical chart and establishment of a professional support center
• $730,115 plus rental assistance of up to $36,565 to Cal UAS to develop and support an unmanned aerial system
• $147,000 to World Economic Development Alliance to help recruit technical operations to Ridgecrest
The items are schedule for public hearings only, not council action.
Additional agenda items include the approval of a professional services agreement with Justin O’Neill, making appointments to the Measure L Oversight Committee (see related story, this page), and the approval of tax allocation bond funds to reconstruct a billboard on Highway 395.
Consent calendar items include:
• Construction contract to Griffith Construction Co. for work on South Sunland Street
• Resolution authorizing implementation of a new city transit plan
• Contract change orders for the Ridgecrest Boulevard Project
• Agreement for professional services agreement with Wildan Engineering for construction on the Corporate Yard and Transit Facility
• Resolution amending and approving the city’s classification plan and adopting job specifications of city clerk and deputy city clerk
• Resolution correcting salary schedules for Police Employees Association of Ridgecrest, UFCW Local 8 and management groups
• Resolution authorizing tax allocation bonds for code abatement
• Resolution authorizing the city manager to enter into a memorandum of agreement with Sierra Sands Unified School District for law enforcement services
Proceedings will be broadcast live on local channels, and streamed online at www.ridgecrst-ca.gov. The public is invited to attend.Story First Published: 2014-08-06