Council to meet tonight
News Review Staff Writer
Although appointment of Measure L Oversight Committee members is the only item anticipated to raise significant discussion (see related story, this edition) at tonight’s meeting of the Ridgecrest City Council, many other routine items face the city.
Mayor Dan Clark will recognize as-yet-unannounced Employee of the Month for the city.
The council is also expected to approve an ordinance amending the current definition of “family” in the city’s zoning code.
Consent calendar items include:
• Resolution authorizing placement of the recently increased sewer fees on the property tax rolls
• Resolution authorizing a deferred lien agreement for South Warner Street improvements
• Resolution authorizing a deferred lien agreement for South Downs Street improvements
• Five separate resolutions approving an agreements with Wildan Engineering for preliminary engineering work on traffic signals, signing, street-widening and street-surface improvements in the city
• Resolution approving the allocation request for public transportation modernization, improvement and street-enhancement programs
• Resolution supporting the city’s 50th anniversary parade
• Resolution authorizing the application and acceptance of a U.S. Department of Justice grant
• Resolution authorizing the increase of the witness fee deposit for police officers
• Resolution supporting the Parade of 1000 Flags
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in City Council Chambers. The public is invited to attend. Proceedings will be broadcast live on Mediacom channels 6 and 41, and streamed on justintv.com (search Ridgecrest).Story First Published: 2013-07-17