Council to meet tomorrow
News Review Staff Writer
A resolution authorizing the city to enter into an amended development agreement with Walmart is the headlining item on the next meeting of the Ridgecrest City Council, set for Thursday, Nov. 8, at 6 p.m. in City Council Chambers.
The special meeting was rescheduled from its regular time on Wednesday to accommodate Councilmember Jason Patin, who is attending training to become a reserve police officer.
According to a staff report, the resolution authorizes the city manager to execute modification to the existing development agreement with Walmart for the development of a supercenter in Ridgecrest.
“This agreement will be for placement and disbursement in the form of a construction escrow agreement for city Tax Allocation Bond funds, previously authorized by council for public works projects associated with the development,” states the report.
“No additional funds request is considered in this agreement. Other minor modifications included in the agreement have been reviewed and approved by the city engineer and relate to portions of the public works projects in which the city has been able to gain other grant funds.
“This agreement represents the next and we believe final step allowing the project to begin and groundbreaking to be schedule.”
The city will also present proclamations to Police and Citizens Together and to Desert Area Resources and Training in honor of AbilityOne Week.
Consent calendar items include:
• Quarterly investment report
• Quarterly financial report
• Resolution rescinding authorization and examination of sales or transactions and use tax records
• Resolution approving a professional services agreement with Wildan Engineering for work relating to rehabilitation of Downs Street
• Resolution approving a waiver for noncompliance of ADA drive approaches in Tract 6635
• Resolution proclaiming Native American Heritage Month
The meeting is open to the public. Proceedings are broadcast live on Mediacom channels 6 and 41. A digital recording will be uploaded to the city’s website at www.ci.ridgecrest.ca.us.Story First Published: 2012-11-07