Sierra Art Guild show is Nov. 2-4
The Sierra Art Guild’s 35th Annual Fall Show and Sale is set for Nov. 2, 3 and 4 at the Carriage Inn, starting at 10 a.m. all three days. Admission is free.
Come see the work of 16 talented artists, and have an opportunity to chat with them and purchase unique gifts.
The participating artists this year are as follows:
• Jeanne Greene — Stained Glass Artist. Selects beautiful colors that shine through her hand-cut and faceted glass, which she uses for windows and freestanding pieces and lamps.
• Jerry Bradley — Sculptor. Works in exotic hardwoods, Corian and stone. He offers a new Christmas ornament each year and can fill a limited number of custom orders.
• Carol Wilcher — Linoleum Block Print Artist. Will show her creative clothing, wall art, pillows, tote bags, notecards and quilted table runners with Southwest themes.
• Nancy Hoyem — Watercol-ors/Acrylics/Wall Hangings and Interior Designer. Uses themes with tropical birds, flowers, botanicals and missions. She can add custom art work to any room.
• Loralee Lopez — Creative Beaded Jewelry Designer. Uses semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals and pearls enhanced with wire work to reflect her love of nature.
• Lois Hinman — Creator of Distinctive Functional Pottery. Loves working with clay. Her unique art style is recognizable, and her pottery is easy to enjoy, both using and observing.
• Howard and Wanda Laire — Jewelry Designers. Use gold, silver, precious stones and Dichroic glass to create a wide range of jewelry pieces.
• Jesse R. Baker — Oil and Acrylic Painter. Loves variety in his subjects. “There is so much beauty in the world that it would be a shame to limit my art work.”
• Brad Bruna — Fine Art Photographer. Offers great photos of our local canyons plus stunning views of nearby landscapes and vistas.
• Flaming Ice Designs — Artists in Glass and Jewelry. Work as a team. Keith Wheeler fashions glass beads and vessels with a torch and Connie Wittenbrink works the beats into one-of-a-kind jewelry.
• Olaf “Bill” Doud — Petroglyph Rock Artist. Engraves desert-varnished basalt rocks to create bookends, pictures, magnets and sculptures entirely by hand.
• Eriko Page — Creator of Original Polymer Art Beads and Country Crafts and Jackets. Shows millefiori clay beads that are individual works of art.
• Floyd Castillo — Worker in Exotic Wood. Offers one-of-a-kind pens and pencils, letter openers, and toothpick holders using unique wood, antler, railroad ties and more.
• Michael Mumford — Forged Steel Artist-Blacksmith. His passion is to incorporate dynamic flow and feeling into the hard, rigid medium of steel.Story First Published: 2012-10-31